On Sep 28, 2007, at 10:29 AM, Chad Perrin wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 12:17:42AM +0900, SpringFlowers AutumnMoon
> wrote:
>> i am hoping ERb will become the scripting language of choice when it
>> comes to server-side scripting...
>
> I think you mean Ruby would be the language of choice, using some
> eRuby
> implementation -- possibly ERB.  I'd like to see Ruby supplant PHP via
> some mechanism that supports markup-embedded templating the way eRuby
> does, too.
Me too.
But I think eRuby implementations need to match the features of at
least PHP in terms of the ease of embedding.
Unfortunately for us, right now, just sprinkling little bits of Ruby
on a web page is not nearly as easy nor as reliable as doing so with
PHP. I hate to admit it, but it's true.

Already there is lots of growth in Rails learning out there, which
does use Ruby. But it is only one paradigm. It would be nice if a big
company would implement Ruby-based stuff (other than MS with
IronRuby). It could be very interesting to see another approach
different from Rails.

I don't dislike Rails, I just wish there were more options.