In article <BGEGJFOHFLNFHACAJJMLOECHGPAA.rcalco / cortechs.com>,
Bob Calco <rcalco / cortechs.com> wrote:
>No, that's not working either. I tried:
>
>cmd "C:\PRogram Files\Some Company\Some Product\Prog.exe"
>
>and it doesn't work, even at the command line, even though
>
>"C:\PRogram Files\Some Company\Some Product\Prog.exe"
>
>typed by itself at the command line fires it right up.
>
>BTW, cmd.exe by itself gives me:
>
>Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
>(C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corportation
>
>at the command line.
>
>system("cmd "+cmd)

Perhaps you need the full path to cmd.exe?

system(pathToCmd+"\cmd.exe "+cmd)

It's worth a try...

Anybody know if this will be an issue at all if Ruby is built with VC++?
(seems I heard something like this when I asked pretty-much the same
question about 9 months ago)

if you build Ruby with VC++ will you just be able to say:
system(cmd)

without prefixing with "command.com" or "cmd.exe"

Phil