On Sep 27, 8:18 pm, mortee <mortee.li... / kavemalna.hu> wrote:
> I just ran into the same trouble with Hpricot on OS X too. I can install
> any version using gem install, but I get errors when trying to use the lib.

FWIW, no trouble here. Hand-compiled ruby 1.8.6, using rubygems 0.9.4.

Slim2:~ phrogz$ sudo gem install hpricot
Password:
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
Select which gem to install for your platform (i686-darwin8.9.1)
 1. hpricot 0.6 (mswin32)
 2. hpricot 0.6 (jruby)
 3. hpricot 0.6 (ruby)
 4. hpricot 0.5.140 (mswin32)
 5. hpricot 0.5.140 (jruby)
 6. hpricot 0.5.140 (ruby)
 7. Skip this gem
 8. Cancel installation
> 3
Successfully installed hpricot-0.6
Installing ri documentation for hpricot-0.6...
Installing RDoc documentation for hpricot-0.6...

Slim2:~ phrogz$ irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems'
=> true
irb(main):002:0> require 'hpricot'