"Ralph Mason" <ralph.mason / telogis.com> wrote in message
news:13ef01c1795d$0580a180$0101a8c0 / p3...
> I'm not so sure what you are trying to do here.  It looks like you are
> returning a combination of a class instance and a function.

Yes - that is one the issues. I don't even know how this works in an OOP
style functional language like OCaml.

I don't quite follow your example:

> y = x.doit(4)
>
> z = y.doit(3,5)

Now y should hold a function, curried (partially evaluated), but it is not
an object with a method doit, it is just a function of one parameter - and a
hidden context to its owner.
Hence
z = y(5) #=> 4 + 5 = 9
But this example doesn't exploit the hidden context. The pure functional
view has been covered by Feldt and Splitz.

MikkelFJ