Terry Poulin wrote:
> Vellingiri Arul wrote:
>>>>

> Good starting point:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_text_editors
>

> Personally I suggest Vim/Emacs for people likely to need a GOOD editor,
> edit a
> lot of textual files, or use different programming languages and not
> want to
> learn a different editor per language.

Ok, you sound like you might know vim pretty well.  Is there a way to
copy text from another file into the file you are editing?  I can send
text from the file I am editing to another file, but I want to do the
reverse.

Currently, I know how to mark and copy text in a file I am editing, say
ruby1.rb, then I can type

:set other.rb

and paste what I copied into other.rb.  What I want to be able to do is
while editing ruby1.rb, open other.rb, mark and copy some lines from
other.rb, and then paste the lines into ruby1.rb.

Thanks for any help.