On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 02:34:34PM +0900, julik wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2007, at 12:43 AM, Chad Perrin wrote:
>
> >I'm confused.  If it worked . . . why did he throw it away and redo
> >it in
> >PHP?
>
> Because he was able to do it himself, and then both _read_ the code
> and _rewrite_ it.
> Please read http://www.zedshaw.com/essays/c2i2_hypothesis.html,
> Gadfly Festival section,
> and all on the Big Rewrite by Chad Fowler. In this case PHP was a
> (roughly and not at all harshly pat) alternative
> for an Excel spreasdheet with VBA macros - the issue of ownership I
> guess. Nothing critical.

How do you know that was the reason?  The impression I got from the
lengthy, slashdotted explanation was that the project was unfinished
after two years, so he decided to junk it and start over in PHP.

Leon Festinger: "A man with a conviction is a hard man to change. Tell him
you disagree and he turns away. Show him facts and figures and he questions
your sources. Appeal to logic and he fails to see your point."