Jayson Williams wrote:
> That would be great to
>
> On 9/25/07, brabuhr / gmail.com <brabuhr / gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 9/25/07, Jayson Williams <williams.jayson / gmail.com> wrote:
>> > ...so there I was. Wishing there was some Ruby Guru nearby that could
>> > coach me through this challenging bit of code. As I opened up my gmail
>> > account to shoot off yet another question to the group, my eye spotted
>> > the gmail chat feature to the left of the compose email window.
>> >
>> > "Wouldn't that be great?, " I thought to myself. " ...to have a list
>> > of a dozen or so Ruby enthusiasts that also had a gmail account. I
>> > could instantly see if they were  online, before I addressed the
>> > entire group, and shoot out a quick question via chat."
>>
>> Or, alternatives:
>>
>> Is there still a ruby-lang irc channel:
>> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/62039
>> ?
>>
>> Something like Lingr or Campfire?

My problem solving phase...

Think / Code / Think (use debugger if necessary)

Look at the docs (ri, online rdoc e.t.c.)

Google for an example that might help or info that may be of use (Yes Google
is my primary search engine, spell checker, converter, and auxiliary
calculator).

If important / can't solve and dunno why / can't google it. Jump in #ruby-lang
and ask if any one can point me in the right direction.

If necessary or two big for IRC, ask the this group and wonderful community
for help/advice/wth am I doing wrong here.

I've yet to start a thread on this mailing list, there is one I wish to start
but never find time to do so =/

Having an Instant Messengering Group would be nice but IRC is much better
suited for it then most IM networkss I'm familiar with. Although my only
exposure to GTalk is via the LJTalk talk connection and my
AIM/MSN/ICQ/YIM/Jabber Client. -- Usually I use IRC if I need to find some one
who knows where the documentation is and ask them where it is because I missed
the page!! Other wise I generally get a long fine with Code.

Any way you slice it, I think this link is helpful for every one.

< http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html >

TerryP.

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com