In article <m2oflkxj8p.fsf / zip.local.thomases.com>,
Dave Thomas  <Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com> wrote:
>"James Britt (rubydev)" <james / rubyxml.com> writes:
>
>> The key may be ease of installation and transparency for the average
>> user.
>
>Folks - I'm talking about approaching Sharp, or Trolltech, or someone
>in that kind of position and making Ruby the built-in, defacto
>language for scripting PDAs.

Approaching Sharp would probably be a good choice:
1) They're a Japanese company.  Ruby originated in Japan and is popular
there.
2) Sharp is using Linux as the OS for their PDA, so they're open to the
Open Source paradigm.

Do any of the Japanese readers of this group have any contacts at Sharp?
(or could someone in Japan try to make a contact?)

Phil