From: Bob Calco [mailto:rcalco / cortechs.com]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 12:07 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: [ruby-talk:27089] Kernel::system() not working

Yesderday, this worked:

cmd = "C:\\Program Files\\Some Company\\Some Program\\Prog.exe"
system(cmd)

Today, it does not. $? shows error code 32512.

Mind you, at the command line, this works:

"C:\Program Files\Some Company\Some Program\Prog.exe"

So does a shortcut on my desktop with the same.

And test(?e,cmd) returns

true

Other things like

system("cl")

and

system("echo *")

work...

So -- any ideas what happened??? Like I said, yesderday, that cmd worked.

#* Bob Calco
#* Senior Software Engineer
#* CorTechs, Inc.
#* rcalco / cortechs.com