One approach is to show Sharp, et al, a mock-up or emulator that behaves as if Ruby were the de facto scripting language.

It would be nice to say, 'So, if Ruby were a native scripting language, Joe or Jane Notageek could customize their address book or
appointment calendar without buying several yards of programming books.'  And a demo goes a long way.

(Ultimately, though, we need to prove that if they did this they would make more money.)

James