On Fri, 2001-11-30 at 18:26, Dave Thomas wrote:
> "James Britt (rubydev)" <james / rubyxml.com> writes:
>
> > The key may be ease of installation and transparency for the average
> > user.
>
> Folks - I'm talking about approaching Sharp, or Trolltech, or someone
> in that kind of position and making Ruby the built-in, defacto
> language for scripting PDAs.

Make sure you talk to the handhelds.org-people also.  The familiar
distributions goal is to create a working X-based environment (mostly
using gtk but...).  I think this is going to be used by alot of people
that for some reason doesn't like QT or none-X-based environment (like
me :) )

The big problems is that they are python-fans most of them (nothing
wrong with that.. just makes getting ruby in there hard :) ).

Now.. do we really want to bind to a specific language??  Maybe we want
to script everything over soap or xml-rpc or something like that?

/Erik
--
Erik B?gfors               | erik / bagfors.nu
Supporter of free software | GSM +46 733 279 273