In message "[ruby-talk:02701] Re: Append alias for Array.append?"
    on 00/05/10, Hideto ISHIBASHI <hideto-i / rr.iij4u.or.jp> writes:

|> Well, the opposite of Array.append would be Array.prepend, just an different
|> axis :).
|
|I'd add Array.shrink. But some native English speakers might think
|this as not a better name...

I'll vote against it.  You cannot tell which end `shrink' remove
element from.  And if `prepend' is introduced, it should be an alias
to `unshift'.

As a conclusion, since I was pretty impressed by [ruby-talk:02679], I
think I'm not going to introduce append method.  It may make
ex-Pythoneers easy, but may confuse ex-Lisper.

  (append '(a b c) 'd)
  (append '(a b c) '(d e f))

							matz.