On Sep 25, 12:07 pm, Phlip <phlip2... / gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do you classify all those who have an opposing viewpoint as being a
> > "Troll" ?
>
> Classify someone who writes posts only to stir up trouble as a troll.
> Example: Posting "Perl sucks" to a Perl newsgroup. If someone actually
> had a valid question, they could phrase it more diplomatically, such
> as "Perl has room for improvement".
>
> So lack of this diplomacy is a very clear indicator someone doesn't
> actually care about the answer.
>
> --
>  Phlip

Well pardon me for causing "trouble" simply by talking about the
inefficiencies of Ruby...  If the Ruby community weren't so sensitive
about this sort of topic we might well have a more powerful (faster,
more efficient) Ruby language to use.  Punishing those who talk about
Ruby's inefficiencies will not resolve those inefficiencies however it
will work to guarantee those sides of Ruby remain ingrained in the
langauge as has been the case for a very long while, it seems.