----- Original Message -----
From: Rich Kilmer <rich / infoether.com>
To: ruby-talk ML <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 9:46 AM
Subject: [ruby-talk:27079] RE: Musing

> Do it Dude!
>
> Use the linux distribution from http://www.handhelds.org
> There is already a ruby interpreter that comes with it.
>
> The key is writing the applications  ;-)
>
> -Rich

I'm with Dave, Rich, Steve, et al.

It's a great idea. I'd support it with code
(and by buying one). :)

And the apps are the key. I'd like to see a
reasonably consistent look and feel across
them. And give all of them an object model
accessible by Ruby.

Heck, why limit this to a PDA? Run this stuff
on your desktop (unless I'm missing something).

The initial hard part would be agreeing on a GUI,
I think. There are many opinions about those here.

I don't have strong GUI feelings, but personally, I
find Tk just as easy as the rest. But if we settled on
FOX or GTK, that would be fine with me.

I do have a couple of usability ideas that I feel strongly
about -- features that I would strongly like to see
implemented but would be optional for the user to use
(i.e., they could be turned off or ignored).

So, the big question is: How do we get started?

Hal