Thanks, Mark. Yes, I'm sorry about the lingo. I'm not that versed in
XML-speak yet. But, basically, I want to sort all of the <registration>
data sets in my files, just alphabetically. But, as I said, I need to
put in some headings into my output, and, those headings are essentially
the text that's in the very first instance of the <issue> element. The
<issue> element is a child element to <registration>. Now, your
suggestion with the use of /text() worked, meaning, I got just that text
that I want. That's great. But, it's still looping and giving me many
repeats of these instances.

Here's my e-mail address, if you'd like to strike up a separate
conversation.

Thanks,
Peter
pbailey / bna.com