On Sep 25, 1:15 am, Chad Perrin <per... / apotheon.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 01:04:21PM +0900, Phlip wrote:
> > >I presume most people here read today's article on Slashdot
>
> > Geez - I wish I could trash-talk Rails like that. I need a way to get my
> > blog entries to the top of the commented-on lists!
>
> > Oh, here:
>
> >http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blog/2007/09/big_requirements_up_fro...
>
> That's actually quite good.  Thanks for the URL -- I enjoyed the read.
>
> I had a forehead-smacking moment while reading that, where I realized
> that *of course* it's true that after two years of not getting anything
> substantially right, there's obviously something else wrong besides
> choosing the wrong tool (if it's wrong for that purpose at all, which
> does not appear to be a settled matter from where I'm sitting).
>
> Hell, two years should be enough time to get something working in COBOL,
> let alone Rails.
>
> --
> CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [http://ccd.apotheon.org]
> Leon Festinger: "A man with a conviction is a hard man to change. Tell him
> you disagree and he turns away. Show him facts and figures and he questions
> your sources. Appeal to logic and he fails to see your point."

Ruby scales just fine as long as you are willing to throw a ton of
compute hardware at it !

I believe Twitter is successfully using Ruby for their site but then
they have also invested in a ton of servers dedicated to running
hundreds of Mongrels.

So yeah, get out your checkbooks and write more checks for more
servers and sure Ruby scales just fine !

Ruby Rocks !