Vellingiri Arul wrote:
> 7stud -- wrote:
>> Vellingiri Arul wrote:
>>> Hai Friends,
>>>    Is there any separate editor for  ruby?
>>> If it is there Please you could tell to me.
>>> where I can getting the package,I am RedHat EL4 version OS.
>>> how i am going to install that package.I heard that one separate editor
>>> is there.
>>> I am not sure,with that I have asking to you.
>>> Please tell me.
>>>
>>> by
>>> Vellingiri.
>>
>> $ vim myfile.rb
>
> Dear Friend,
>            Other that that vi,emacs,vim,is there any editor is there.
> --

Good starting point:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_text_editors

Personally I suggest Vim/Emacs for people likely to need a GOOD editor, edit a
lot of textual files, or use different programming languages and not want to
learn a different editor per language.

KATE is a very good editor and very easy to use/learn -- I'm clueless to any
Gnome equivalent.

TerryP.

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com