Jayson Williams wrote:
> Thats interesting.  In Tk, I have to tell the main window where the
> my_icon.ico will be at execution time. I would like to know if this is
> the norm, or am I taking the long route?  You mentioned earlier that
> in rubyscript2exe, that wxruby was getting copied twice into the exe,
> causing the larger exe file. Do you know of any workarounds?

After you've created the initial (oversize) executable:

1) Extract the application with 'application.exe --eee-justextract'

2) You should now have a file called "app.eee" which is a manifest of
all things that should be bundled into the .exe. Open this file and
delete the line "bin/wxruby.so" (or possibly wxruby.bundle, on OS X)
3) Repack the executable with 'eee.exe app.eee newapplication.exe'
4) Test that newapplication.exe runs

See here for more info:
http://www.erikveenstra.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html#3.4.3

This works for me reducing a "nothing" app from about 9.7 to 4.7MB.
Still on the big side for simple apps, but not unreasonable for more
complex ones.

alex