Todd Benson wrote:
> I think Ruby will eventually surpass Python in
> usability/speed/libraries/put-whatever-you-want-here-to-love-your-language
> :)  It's just going to take a while, that's all.  Who knows really,
> though?  Maybe it will just fall to the wayside.  Or, maybe it will
> end up just filling a certain niche of a greater whole.  No language
> is perfect for everything, after all!
>
> Todd

I too am having a hard time understanding why anyone would use Ruby.
What is Ruby perfect for?

Also, why do you think Ruby will eventually surpass Python.   Do you
think Python has halted all development and is standing still waiting
for Ruby to catch up?  What makes you think that Python isn't putting
more distance between itself and Ruby as we speak?  After all, Python
3.0 alpha is already out.