>From: Aleksi Niemel? <aleksi.niemela / cinnober.com>
    >Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 12:23:18 +0200
    >
    >> >I don't know whether Array should has the `append' method.
    >> >BTW, what is the opposite of `append?'
    >> >Array.push <---> Array.append
    >> >Array.pop  <---> Array.???
    >
    >Now that prepend seems good, I can't find the word `prepend'
    >in my English dictionary, however. Do you guys really use this
    >word in your daily life or in technical talks?

I think push and pop are fine, or if you wanted the opposite
of "<<", try ">>".  But prepend really is a word, at least in technical
discussions.  Webster's dictionary hasn't yet caught on to many
of the neologic barbarisms that us computer types come up with :-)

I'm only a native speaker of English, not an expert, but I think
almost anything is legal with a pre- prefix.

/\ndy