Le 21 septembre ? 00:49, SpringFlowers AutumnMoon a ?crit :

> How fast does your Ruby run?

Ok.  Since I can't possibly win this DSW, I'll try this on my slowest
machines...  :)

- AMD Athlon 1.4GHz (quite busy server) :

Ruby 1.8.6 patch 0 on i386-freebsd6
It took 42.070099 seconds to run. 23769 iterations per second.

Aaand...

- PIII 500MHz (diskless workstation with very limited RAM - especially
   raised from the dead just for you, people !) :

Ruby 1.8.4 patch ? on i386-freebsd6
It took 202.375195 seconds to run. 4941 iterations per second.

(Wooot !)

BTW, on the other direction :

- AMD Opteron 244 1.8GHz :

Ruby 1.8.6 patch 0 on amd64-freebsd6
It took 12.838229 seconds to run. 77892 iterations per second.

Fred
--
Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it's time to sing along.    When your
day is night alone, (hold on, hold on)      If you feel like letting go,