On 15/09/2007, Zephyr Pellerin <ztz / nxvr.org> wrote:
> I hate to discuss something related to the development timeline, I know
> its tenable, but When will it be reasonable to expect Unicode support
> from Ruby?

Ruby has unicode support. Sort of. Regexes work in UTF-8 when $KCODE
is set to "U" (and the default is "N" even in UTF-8 locales, and if
you specify the -K option in the .rb file it overrides the option
specified on the command line, heh).
The non-regex methods do not work but you can convert the string with
str.scan(/./)[0] or str.unpack "U*", and use stuff like each, reverse,
[], ...
You have to remember to convert the string back, though.

Thanks

Michal