On 9/21/07, Ilmari Heikkinen <ilmari.heikkinen / gmail.com> wrote:> On 9/21/07, Pea, Botp <botp / delmonte-phil.com> wrote:> > From: Ilmari Heikkinen [mailto:ilmari.heikkinen / gmail.com]> > # tarball: http://dark.fhtr.org/repos/metadata/metadata-1.0-rc2.tar.gz> >> > is it possible for a gem?>> If there's a way to install bin/chardet as-is, now gem adds> "#!/usr/bin/ruby"-boilerplate (which doesn't quite work for a> python script.) ...Though, I could always turn it into a ruby script> that executes a bit of python. So, yeah, it is possible. I'll build one.>> > will this run on windows?>> In theory. At least the Ruby parts (i.e. wma, flac, mp3, torrents.)> No idea if you can get the external programs and libs installed and> running, sounds unlikely. But hey, feel free to prove me wrong :-)>
Or, one could make a VMWare image or somesuch and use it as ametadata appliance. Anyone know how that might work best?