On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 08:35:16AM +0900, Todd Burch wrote:
> Todd Burch wrote:
> > SpringFlowers AutumnMoon wrote:
> >> How fast does your Ruby run?
>
> > Ruby 1.8.2 on universal-darwin8.0
> > It took 6.383342 seconds to run. 156657 iterations per second.
> >
> > (I had to take out RUBY_PATCHLEVEL, as that's not defined, but I suspect
> > I could have put a begin/rescue/end in around and STILL have eaten your
> > lunch.   LOLOLOLOL
> >

> Ruby 1.8.2 on universal-darwin8.0
> It took 5.920011 seconds to run. 168918 iterations per second.
>
> I changed the scope of x & y and eeked out some more speed.
>
> x, y = nil
> for i in 1..n
>   t = (1..10).inject {|x, y| x + y }
> end

That cut almost three full seconds off my time -- down to 13.829852
seconds to run, at 72307 iterations per second.  Obviously, you're still
kicking the crap out of my poor little Pentium M.

Phillip J. Haack: "Productivity is not about speed. It's about velocity.
You can be fast, but if you're going in the wrong direction, you're not
helping anyone."