On 9/20/07, Ari Brown <ari / aribrown.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm trying to build Rubinius on my Mac PPC. Configure works fine, but
> when I got to do 'make', i get this error:
>
> /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> make[4]: *** [libonig.la] Error 1
> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [external_libs/onig/.libs/libonig.a] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Before I break down and cry, has anyone else installed Rubinius on
> Mac PPC? What tricks did you use?

We had someone in IRC with this same problem a minute ago. It appears
that the oniguruma configuration step is breaking on Mac PPC.
Hopefully we can get it fixed tonight.
If you want to come to #rubinius on irc.freenode.net, we would welcome
another PPC guinea pig.

Evan uses a PowerBook, so we know it works on PPC. There's some
system-specific weirdness for some people that we would like to nail
down.