On Sep 19, 11:12 am, Jaypee <rf.ooda... / sd.eepyaj> wrote:
> SpringFlowers AutumnMoon a ?crit :> I am usingjEditon windows for Ruby, and it seems to lack a function to
> > run code by popping up a new window.  (by pressing F5 like in IDLE for
> > Python, or %-R  for mac using TextMate).  The result window on TextMate
> > looks really good by the way.
>
> Sure you can, You need to configure the Console plugin to dislay the
> "commando" buttons, one of them is Ruby, it'll start a simple non-ansi
> terminal emulation window displaying the output of the interpretation of
> the current buffer. Non-ansi means you cannot run "curses" kind of programs.

that's weird... do I just go to jEdit -> Plugins -> Plugin Manager ->
Install ?
there is no Console plugin there...

and then it seems like I have to download a third party plugin Console

http://plugins.jedit.org/plugins/?Console

so i downloaded the Console 4.1.2 plugin and jEdit started up saying
Plugin error, it needs 1.3.3?

and i downloaded the Console 4.3.3 plugin instead, and again jEdit
started up saying my jEdit is 4.2final and won't work with it.

it is a simple thing...

any simpler way?