well, i guess this flamewar is becouse of me, so... it's of course
possible that someone want to remove all the comments from code for some
strange reason (i don't understand why tho), i might have biased view
becouse of my internship ... but tell me seriously ...

Phlip wrote:
> On Web wrote:
>
>> Not quite the same thing as taking out what's already there. I really
>> hope
>> the name of this company comes to light so they can get the negative
>> response they deserve.
>
> Worshipping comments is an intermediate, not advanced, behavior.
i don't understand this statement... but if it means what i think it
means you are seriously wrong, comments are more important the better
you are becouse more advenced programmers tend to use lots of idioms and
write optimized but not easilly readable code

> Comments have plenty of legitimate reasons to disappear, not least of
> which is comments written only to satisfy some perverse mandated code
> rules.

i understand NOT writing comments, i do it myself often ... but if you
already have them in C code ... then why remove them?
if you compile code the'lll disapear anyway.. i doubt he works on
project that's source code is larger then 10mb compresed (and source
files compress with 90% ratio) so size is probably not the problem euther...

Philip could you tell me one legitimate reason to remove comments from c
code?