--nextPart1709184.N4EHa9TSQk

Quoth Marcin Raczkowski:
> On Web wrote:
> > "Vellingiri Arul" <hariharan.spc / rediffmail.com> wrote in message=20
> > news:7c7bc7fff388569ccf579f1c079d6760 / ruby-forum.com...
> >> Dear Friends,
> >>     using The Ruby how can I remove all the comments in my c program.
> >>      For example I have mentioned c program ,that may be ruby program
> >> for your       purpose you assume.
> >>     I have tried to do using the regular expression.
> >>     But I was unable to find the anser for this.
> >=20
> > Why would anyone want to remove the comments from a program?
> >=20
> > Paul
> >=20
> >> Please any one tell me.
> >>
> >> By
> >> Vellingiri.
> >> --=20
> >> Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
> >>
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> becouse they have to release it as open source becouse of GPL or other=20
> OS license and they want to make imposible to actually use that code by=20
> striping comments and obscuring code.

Umm... That's illegal, by terms of the GPL. The GPL defines source code as
the preferred form for modification. Intentionally obfuscated code isn't
the preferred form for modification. So while it's technically "source
code", it isn't according to the definition in the GPL, and thus they're
violating the license by doing that.

=2D-=20
Konrad Meyer <konrad / tylerc.org> http://konrad.sobertillnoon.com/