On 9/19/07, Matthias Whter <matthias / waechter.wiz.at> wrote:
> James Edward Gray II schrieb:
> > On Sep 18, 2007, at 4:00 AM, Matthias Whter wrote:
> >> Anyway -- i'd like to see a 100000 lookups comparison :) *hehe*
> > Great.  Run it for us and let us know how we do.  ;)
>
> [**]: O Jesus :), I can't make your FasterCSV version (a) run, and in
> the later version you sent your direct parsing breaks when it comes to
> detecting the commented lines in the first part of the file. I couldn't
> manage to make it run, sorry.

Hi,

Yes, I only tested with my version of the file, from which I manually
removed the comments. I don't think I'll have time to fix that, at
least this week.  Anyway, I find strange the FasterCSV version doesn't
work, because it delegates the parsing of the file to that gem, and
the rest is pretty simple. On the other hand I don't expect the first
version to perform anywhere near the other solutions, so it's not so
important :-).

Jesus.