On Sep 17, 2007, at 12:48 AM, Damjan Rems wrote:

> Michael Linfield wrote:
>> Ive tried several examples from numerous books trying to send mail
>> with
>> net smtp and i never really get the emails.
>>
>> require 'net/smtp'
>>
>> message = <<MESSAGE_END
>> From: Nobody <nobody / power.net>
>> To: Someone <someone / hotmail.com>
>> Subject: Test SMTP
>>
>> i pray that itll work
>> MESSAGE_END
>>
>> Net::SMTP.start('mx1.hotmail.com') do |smtp|
>>   smtp.send_message message, 'nobody / power.net',
>> 'someone / hotmail.com'
>> end
>
> This example works perfectly good for me.
>
> I would chack if server 'mx1.hotmail.com' allows message relaying.

Agreed....  meaning, in your example you are assuming that
mx1.hotmail.com is allowing un-authenticated SMTP.  Majority of mail
server require that you perform SMTP Auth before any outgoing
transmission can occur.

expressly indicated, is confidential and privileged information of Rackspace
Managed Hosting. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed
material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please
notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse / rackspace.com, and delete the
original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.