On Sep 13, 2007, at 11:35 AM, Trans wrote:

> I like this library. But I'm curious, why not just stick with the
> "Fieldarray" class and add an Array#to_fa method, instead of dealing
> with overriding/singleton methods on Array at all?

the primary/initial use was this:

result = database_connection.execute 'select * from foobar'

fields = result.fields                #=> postgres and other adapters
give this info
ten_thousand_records = result.records #=> but then return and array
of arrays

# so...

ten_thousand_records.each do |record|
   record.fields = fields
end

# instead of creating ten thousand new objects we just work with what
we've got

csv (before faster csv) is another use case.

basically alot of libs give back arrays for order, but then code
reads like

   wtf = row[7]

instead of

  p row[:ssn]