I've been working with ruby for quite a while now, and I still don't
know how to manipulate graphics. I know about libraries like RMagick,
but how do they do it? What are the rudimentary methods used to, say,
display an image or pixel to the screen? Do I have to use C or Java just
to accomplish this? Do I need to use some .dlls?

Why can't I find any information on this subject. Isn't image
manipulation essential now-a-days?

Sorry for ranting, but I just get so frustrated when I can't find any
leads on such a common and important subject. I'll take any help that
can be provided.

~Ruby Panda