@ara
> it seems like you are making if very hard on yourself.
No, this is just a test. I have another problem requiring the
synchronization. It is not working, so I made this test to see what is
I am doing wrong. It seems that it is not a problem with the other
code, but the part of the code that is similar to what I have made in
the above test. However, thanks for the pointers - I will take a look
at them and I might just find an answer.

@Sylvain
> What version of Ruby are you using ?
I have posted the output of

> ruby -v

which is:

Do you need some more info (and how can I obtain it)?

Also, is there some good documentation about multi-threading in ruby,
especially the synchronization part? I have looked at some tutorials
(e.g. Programming Ruby: The Pragmatic Programmer's Guide), but they
are sparse on this topic (just a few examples, not even near to what I
need). Any others?