------_extPart_001_01C7F401.26338915

google: ruby obfuscator

I have no first hand experience with an obfuscator for Ruby, but for Java, they seem to work well.

---Original Message-----
From: Marcin Raczkowski [mailto:mailing.mr / gmail.com]
Sent: Mon 9/10/2007 4:43 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: Hiding RoR code in commercial application

Ralph Klimski wrote:
> Is there any possibility to hide my RoR code in commercial application?
> Some kind of precompiling or something like that? It's neccessary if I
> want to sell my appliaction to commercial client and I don't want he see
> my code - to prevent to sell it by my client to another client, etc.
> What do you reccomend

write proper license, or mayby you are using GPLed libraries in your
commercial product and can't do that? :P

but seriously there's 2 ways to do that now, ruby2c (you have to pay for rogram that does this automatically)
compile to JavaVM code and run with jruby.

if you can't do that and you use only your own libraries, you can just
make license that prohibits reseling your product - simple and easy.

greets

------_extPart_001_01C7F401.26338915--