On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 10:30:06PM +0900, franco wrote:
> On Sep 10, 1:10 am, Jeremy Hinegardner <jer... / hinegardner.org> wrote:
> > rabal version 0.2.0 has been released.
> >
> >  http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/rabal/
> >
> > Ruby Architecture for Building Applications and Libraries.  Rabal is a
> > commandline application for bootstrapping, packaging and distributing ruby
> > projects.
> >
> > {{ Changelog for Version 0.2.0 }}
> >
> > === Version 0.2.0
> >
> > * create conditional tasks based upon the availability of
> >   libraries (webby, heel, rubyforge)
> > * added in site plugin and associated tasks
> > * moved all rake tasks to .rake files
> > * added tasks to show website and rdoc if heel is installed
> >
> >  http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/rabal/
> >
> > ejoy,
> >
> > -jeremy
> >
> > --
> >  Jeremy Hinegardner                              jer... / hinegardner.org
>
> rabal --use-all --core-author="Ruby Programmer" --core-
> email="rp / example.com"  --license-flavor=Ruby myproj
>
> is to
>
> rails myproj
>
> as rails is to generic projects?

Yes, rabal is there to bootstrap a basic ruby project.  By default it
assumes a basic library.

    * add --use-bin to stub out a commandline application
    * add --use-extension to add a C extension
    * add --use-rubyforge to link it to a rubyforge project
    * add --use-spec to use Rspec for testing
    * add --use-test to use Test::Unit for testing
    * add --use-website to add in tasks to setup and create a website
           about your project

If you have some suggestions or bugs, please let me know.

enjoy,

-jeremy

 Jeremy Hinegardner                              jeremy / hinegardner.org