Hey, this is funny --

On, 2007-August-28 00:08:08, Jeremy McAnally wrote:
> I think the giraffes are what they've assigned to Ruby for some
> reason.

it reminds me of Marshall Rosenberg's "non-violent communication",
where the giraffe and the jackal/wolf are being used as a metaphor
for different communication approaches.

> Doesn't "Learning Ruby" also have giraffes?
>
> I think the cookbooks have dogs/wolves/dingos.  So, what are they
> trying to say?  We have freakishly huge necks and the mange?  JERKS.

In this context, I am really quite happy that they have chosen the giraffe...
:-)
Yes, and in general, I don't like cookbooks anyway...
:-) :-)

Regards
Sven

(Rosenberg example: http://www.cnvc.org/anger.htm)