------art_8740_29356397.1189377708541

Thanks for all answers... :)

On 9/10/07, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb / cesmail.net> wrote:

> 1. Have you considered staying on Windows and installing "Instant Rails"
> there?

Yes. This is where I am now. But majority of new developments and all
hostings I found are on Linux/Unix so ...

2. Have you considered installing the jRuby platform on Windows and
> using that?

No. I really do not like to mess with Java stuff again (have a awful
experience with enterprise Java with which I have to interop with in one of
our apps I developed in my work. Never more!). But I really looking forward
to spent some time with IronRuby (http://ironruby.rubyforge.org/) when it
will be more complete.

3. What do you want to learn about Linux? Linux is a pretty broad area.
> Do you want to learn how to "develop web applications" using the
> "native" Linux tools plus Ruby on Rails? Do you want to learn how to
> administer a Linux-based web application/Ruby on Rails server?

Well, for now I like to learn how to install Linux and apps I needed to be
productive with developing web applications using Ruby on Rails. I do not
looking forward to using Linux as my primary platform for now.

thanks.
-- slavo.

------art_8740_29356397.1189377708541--