Slavo Furman wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I apologize forward for somewhat dumb question...
>
> I am just another programmer whose (relatively successful) ASP.NET career
> was somewhat disrupted by encountering Ruby/Ruby on Rails few months ago. So
> far I learned and used Ruby just on Windows, but now I decided o give it try
> also on Linux.
>
> So, what Linux distribution would you recommend for programmer who have
> master degree in CS, 10+ years experience as achitect/programmer on Windows
> (C++, C#, ASP.NET, MS SQL Server), good understanding of system programming
> concepts, but no Linux experience? I look forward to using Linux mainly for
> learning more Ruby and Ruby on Rails programming.
>
> thanks in advance!
> slavo.

debian or ubuntu - ubuntu is based on debian and is more widnows like
with graphical installers and stuff, beside that it have very good
package managing system, instaling ruby + ruby on rails + gems is as
easy as typing:

sudo aptitude install ruby1.8 rails rubygems

you an also install ruby 1.9 this way now!

greets