Phil Tomson:

> I'm surprised that .NET doesn't support MI - in fact from what was
> said at last night's talk they will be translating VC++ to the
> intermediate language, so if it doesn't support MI, they're in
> trouble.  Of course, MI would be the least of our worries, I suspect.

   Microsoft have implemented a dialect of C++ called Managed C++ on .NET.
Managed C++ contains both extensions to C++ and limitations. It is also
limited in the .NET features it can use and implement, such as being unable
to produce verifiable code. I found it very unpleasant to work with and
would recommend C# instead for .NET code. Managed C++ may be useful when
integrating C++ code with .NET or when moving code to .NET.

   Neil