Simon Schuster wrote:
> putting it into phrase-test.rb and running it that way I get:
>
> ph-test.rb:3: undefined method `delete_at' for nil:NilClass
> (NoMethodError)
>         from ph-test.rb:10:in `each_with_index'
>         from ph-test.rb:1:in `each'
>         from ph-test.rb:1:in `each_with_index'
>         from ph-test.rb:1
>
> and relatedly, going through step by step I get:
>
> 023:0> end.delete_at(-1)
> SyntaxError: compile error
> (irb):23: syntax error, unexpected kEND
> end.delete_at(-1)
>
> I've never seen tacking things onto end before! is this possible?

hmm, well I guess that means that the delete_at(-1) isn't being called
on an array, so the return value of that isn't what I expected. But, to
answer the question it is possible to tack things on the end like that.
Take that delete_at(-1) off then run it and call f.class, it probably
says NilClass, but in the case it says Array, then I don't know back to
the books for me :)

~Jeremy