This is my first post on c.l.ruby. So, bear with me if this has been
discussed before. I have been writing a few classes in ruby based on DBI
(version 0.1.0). I have only used Mysql driver so far. I have a few
questions related to DBI.

1) The DBI StatementHandle class seems to be encapsulating a cursor. Or is
it just me? For example, there is no way to repeatedly use a StatementHandle
object with different SQL statements.

2) There is no way to get affected_rows on a queries (e.g. update, delete,
etc.) that don't return results. There is a affected_rows on DatabaseHandle
but not on StatementHandle.

3) There is a StatementHandle#fetch_array method, but no
StatementHandle#bind_array method. bind_array method would be useful when
inserting/updating more than one row at a time.

These are really not questions, but I am just trying to find out if I missed
something.

-Venkat