On Friday 07 September 2007 21:19:04 Wilson Bilkovich wrote:
> On 9/7/07, Nikolay Pavlov <qpadla / gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all.
> > I have a class with instance method "each" and i want to add variable
> > aliases for it based on some preferences of the generated objects.
> > Did some one know how i can achieve this?
> This is one way. There are several.
> I am assuming you mean that only that particular instance should have
> this method, and not other instances of the same class.
>
> metaclass = class << self;self;end
> sym = :some_name_you_generated
> metaclass.send :alias_method, sym, :each
>
> More traditionally, this is usually a good place to consider using
> inheritance. :)

Wow. Thanks for all suggestions. But that one was really helpful and simple
to me and i've come up to this implementation:

def singleton_alias(alias_name, name)
  klass = class << self; self; end
  klass.send :alias_method, alias_name.to_sym, name.to_sym

- Best regards, Nikolay Pavlov. <<<-----------------------------------