Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:26797] Re: String#== : Why not error with different type?"
    on 01/11/28, Ryo Furue <furufuru / ccsr.u-tokyo.ac.jp> writes:

|So, let me go back to my original, more concrete question, to
|summarize this thread (I hope):  Which of the following two designs is
|better? and why?

I guess Dave answered excellently in [ruby-talk:26803], so that you
need no more explanation from me.

There's one more thing I can tell you.  "type" in Ruby is just an
illusion.  It doesn't really exist, but in our mind.  We emulate it
sometimes using a class of an instance, sometimes using set of methods
that an instance can respond.

If it is merely an illusion, why should we care that much?

							matz.