On 9/5/07, Bertram Scharpf <lists / bertram-scharpf.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 06. Sep 2007, 07:23:36 +0900 schrieb M. Edward (Ed) Borasky:
> > John Carter wrote:
> > > "syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting kEND"
> > >
> > > With the line number pointing to the last line of the file.

> > > I wish I could think of an easier way, like the highlighting emacs
> > > does for '(; and '{'
> >
> > I think vim syntax coloring highlights xx-end pairs,

I find that the best way to find these in (g)vim is

  ggVG=

ggVG selects all the lines in the file and then = re-formats the indentation.

In most cases this will point out the problem, although there are a
few cases where vims ruby formatter got confused.

I had one today which had me scratching my head for a few moments, I'd
inadvertantly put in a line something like

    x .y unless unless a.b

Took me a bit of effort to find that one.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/