On 8/7/07, Keith Rarick <kr / essembly.com> wrote:

> One notable difference between the public, private, protected notation
> and these decorators is that these must appear immediately before each
> method they should apply to. A decorator's effects don't stick around
> beyond the very next method, so there's no danger of having it go
> unnoticed further down the file.

Hmmmm, I'm just catching up after being too busy for a few weeks to
drink from the firehose that is ruby-talk.

I just wrote this yesterday:
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/articles/2007/09/04/block-your-privates

After noticing that some folks like ot artifically indent methods
definitions after private and its friends, it occurred to me that it
might be nice if you could write

class Foo
  private do
     def method1
     end

    def method2

I ran into similar issues in trying to metahack an implementation of
this idea, although I did find a way to accomplish the same effect
albeit with somewhat less pretty code, see the article for the
details.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby