On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 09:28:44AM +0900, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> Chad Perrin wrote:
> > Any time you tell someone to completely change the tools (s)he uses,
> > you're essentially telling him/her that his/her preferences don't matter.
> > That's why.
> >
> Ah, but this happens in the corporate world all the time. Because half
> of any professional job (or more) is inter-personal communication, not
> all of everyone's preferences can matter.

I didn't realize ruby-talk was a corporation.  Thanks for clearing that
up.

Last I checked, the list maintainer wasn't paying me for participation
(and I'd probably be fired anyway if he was).

John W. Russell: "People point. Sometimes that's just easier. They also use
words. Sometimes that's just easier. For the same reasons that pointing has
not made words obsolete, there will always be command lines."