>> I'm not asking for you to do my simple search on the net, I'm asking for
>> your recommendation or referrals.
>
> You should check out Chris Pine's book "Learn to Program", which is an
> intro to programming that uses Ruby to teach you.
>
> http://pine.fm/LearnToProgram/
>

> David

I agree, it's a very good starting point. Many books teach you about the
language but not about Programming. I think I've learned more about Languages
from books and more about Programming from Code and Wikipedia. Some thing like
that web site is going to be very good for you.

You might also look to get a decent book on learning to program, that while
expecting you to know a bit of programming. Doesn't expect you to know jack
about Ruby. Generally I like O'Reilly books such as Learning Perl. Once you're
further along in learning, you will value having such a book and not having to
get one later (or skip all together).

I started off with the Ruby User√‘ Guide and started playing with irb when I
decided to learn Ruby.

TerryP.

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com