On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 11:15:58PM +0900, Matthias W??chter wrote:
> It even helps debugging. If I am not sure about a value I can simply
> add ".with {|x| puts "Debugging the expression: #{x}"}" within an
> expression. Certainly, I might have to add a paren around the
> expression for ordering stuff correctly, but I don't have to split
> things apart.

I'm not arguing against the utility of "with", but against method
chaining, which in my experience causes more problems than it solves.  I
tend to label code that uses method chaining more as "clever" than as
"beautiful".

My experience may or may not be indicative of the experience of the
average ruby programmer.

Paul