On 9/4/07, Konrad Meyer <konrad / tylerc.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 September 2007 01:15:04 pm yahdoco wrote:
> > I sill have the same two problems:
> > (1)The hello world screen disappears quickly.
> > (2)The letters are white on a black background.
> > I tried using MyComputer>ControlPanel>Display and the
> > DialogBox(Appearance) but nothing changed.
> > Any other ideas out there?
> > Thanks. Yahdoco
>
> Don't just type "hello.rb" in the run box. Type "cmd", and you get a command
> prompt that *doesn't* go away quickly, as I told you in the first email.

Actually, in W98, I believe the command is "command" not "cmd".

To the OP:

Most rubyists run their programs from the command line.  But if you
truly want to double click on an icon to run a program, you'll need
two files.

If your hello.rb file is in c:\ruby, you will need to create a file on
your desktop (or wherever) containing this text: "ruby
c:\ruby\hello.rb %1", and then rename it to have a .cmd extension (not
tested, by the way, since I don't have W98).

hth,

Todd