------art_43141_10609159.1188933581375

On 9/4/07, Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale / gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally, it just feels right to me to separate the test code from
> the code under test, most test equipment belongs in the garage instead
> of the trunk of the car.

A lot of diagnostics now takes place in modern cars, however. Tire pressure
checks, engine wear, oil, etc. Sure, you'd only work and make changes to the
car in the garage, but a lot of the "testing" is a hidden ongoing day to day
process.

And if you get onto, say, Formula 1 cars.. some "repairs" can even take
place on the road and the telemetry provides almost as much info to the
engineers while the car is running out on the track as they can get in the
garage. I've always wondered if/how to make software as easy to diagnose
with real-time telemetry and the ability to make changes to a running
program's parameters..

Regards,
Peter Cooper
http://www.petercooper.co.uk/